Thursday, April 27, 2006

Episode 49 - Interview with Peter


The world of podcasting is an amazing thing and being able to interact with people through this medium has really touched my life. I had the pleasure of being on the Lucky Bitch Radio which has allowed me to meet some of the great listeners of her show and they came over to check mine out. This time it was from a guy named Peter who is 24 and lives in Atlanta Georgia. We quickly became friends and I was able to convince him to be on my show. He is really a great guy and I wish him all of the best.

Episode 49


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I enjoyed the interview, I have to take issue with Peter's analysis of the Ford issue.

LOSING SALES BECAUSE OF ADS: It's pretty obvious that Ford is a well enough known brand that their sales will not be hurt because of a lack of exposure in gay publications. It's not as though it is some obscure product that gays find out about through "Out" or "Advocate" advertising.

FORD IS MAKING CARS AND SEXUALITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CARS: This is almost akin to saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people" - it comes across as a willful disregard of the realities of how business/the real world operates.

CALLED A BAD GAY MAN: I wouldn't say this. It seems that your opinion is a rose-colored view is all.

MY BOTTOM LINE: One has only so much money and I want to spend my money with those people who do not back down when an outside force wants to bully the business into a position which marginalizes who I am.

It's why I don't buy Coors, Dominoe's Pizza, or patronize Cracker Barrel restaurants.

I guess it boils down to: why wouldn't I want to support those who support me? If I know a business is anti-gay or (in the Ford example) knuckle's under to anti-gay sentiment then they will need to get their money from the bigot breeders.

May 4, 2006 at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home